In Lincoln, Nebraska, keeping your carpets clean is a high priority. Floors and dirt can be extremely hard on both commercial and residential carpeting. When you need your carpeting deep cleaned, consider the professional experts at ServiceMaster Professional Building Maintenance. But, if you’d like to care for your carpets before contacting the experts, here are some tips and tricks to keep your carpets as clean as possible.
1. If it is a liquid stain, blot up as much of the liquid as possible with a clean cloth.
2. If the material is dry, loosen the residue with the dull edge of a knife or a spatula. Then proceed to scrape and vacuum any remaining pieces.
3. Rather than directly spraying a spot with a cleanser, consider damping a cloth with a cleaning agent then proceed to clean the spot
4. Blot stains gently, working from the outer edge towards the center of the spot. Remember to turn the cloth frequently so you are always using a clean portion of the cloth.
5. Repeat ‘Step 4’ until the spot is removed or until you no longer have a transfer spot on your cloth. Be careful not to get the carpet excessively wet.
6. Blot the treated spot with water to remove any excess residue.
7. Allow the spot to dry and remember to prevent foot traffic in the area.
Remember that the best time to clean up most spills is immediately after they occur. When using cleaning agents, be sure to pretest a small hidden area to make ensure that the fabric will not bleed or get damaged when being cleaned.